Tuesday, August 10, 2010

the heat just melts the motivation right off of me

It's true.  I have not enjoyed running this summer.  Really hot, really humid.... blech.  And the treadmill?  I'd usually rather kill myself.  When I run outside, it's usually in a loop, so the scenery keeps changing.  A treadmill means it NEVER changes.  The wind doesn't blow for relief, you don't see a kid, a cat, a dog, nothing, so I'm pretty committed to running outside whenever possible.

Outside.  In the sun.  The breeze might bring relief, or a rush of even hotter air.  or thick, wet air.  Breathing is near impossible (and I have sports enduced asthma), so my body's natural instinct is to NOT RUN.  It's self preservation!

But, I run.  Somedays I don't meet my distance goal, and that's ok.  I try my best.  I bitch and complain. Why?  Because every once in a while, I'll catch a cool (under 80 degrees) night, low humidity, and energy to burn.  I'll run further than I think I can go, and sprint the last mile.  The right song will come on my MP3 player, and I'll start singing along while I run, or even be tempted to throw in some dance moves.  I'll feel AWESOME.

so who cares about those tuff days?  The good days feel soooooooooooooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment