Monday, April 4, 2011

Training days are really here!

Finally, I have a race on the horizon!  I should never have let it go this long, cuz it's hard to get back into the swing of things once you've sat on your butt for a few months!

That's all in the past now.  On May 1st I will run my 3rd Half Marathon a few days before my 37th birthday.  What does that mean?  Nothing, really.  Not the birthday part anyway.  I ran my longest training run of the season yesterday, 7 miles and it felt pretty good.  I love when long runs give me confidence.  I'm struggling with some gear - trying to find the right waist pack to run with, but physically, I felt pretty strong.  I could have run more except that when I have a # of miles in mind it becomes very difficult for me to run MORE than that.  Plus I was cold towards the end. 

Anyway, I'm getting very pumped up for the Cox Road Race Half Marathon in Providence, RI.  I think being out to watch the Boston Marathon in a couple of weeks will have me bursting to get out and race, though I'm not expecting a PR in May...(would love to). 

I'm really hoping to PR in June.  Last year I ran the Worcester Half Marathon in hopes of running sub 2:30, and I ran 2:22.  I ran the BAA Half in October and despite being sick the week before, I ran 2:20.  I'm aiming for 2:15 in Worcester this year - got to catch up with my fellow Team Pink member Anamarie who just debuted in the Half at 2:15!

1 comment:

  1. You will totally kick some ass! Have you heard of pace bands? It really helped me. I also heard about this really awesome Team Pink reunion scheduled for July 4?!! Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete