Monday, May 2, 2011

Great running birthday gifts!

So, my birthday is this week, and my family celebrated on Sunday after my race since I was going to be super-close to my sister's house.  We went out to a nice brunch, and then went back to my sister's house for presents and dessert.

My sister and family got me a new running skirt, a new sports bra in HOT PINK and a matching running tank.  woot!

My boyfriend got me 2 major running tools.  The first is something a friend let me try out a few weeks ago, and it's like the old foam roller, but BETTER!!!  Meet Trigger Point!  Hurts so good!!!  and it doesn't warp!

Also, we had a coupon for REI, which is an outdoorsy store - clothes/gear/etc for biking, hiking, running, camping, etc.  We wandered around to see if there was anything we wanted/needed that we could justify spending money on, and after a long stroll through the store, we both walked up to the Vibram Five fingers running "shoes".

I think we mostly just wanted to see what they were like, so we each tried a pair on.  The women's didn't come big enough for me (or maybe they just didn't have any larger), so I tried on John's since he was trying something else on.  I ran around the store with them, and thought it was pretty interesting. 

Anyway, long story short, we decided that we both wanted to give them a try for so long, that we got them!  He bought my pair for me as a present!  YAY!  The silly part is that we got identical pairs in the same size.  We're going to have to mark them so we know which is which.  LOL  I think I'm going to start out just wearing them to walk around before I even think about running any real distance in them. 

John ran in them for a short run on Saturday and said that they felt pretty good.  He was having calf issues anyway...so he can't say they were better or worse.  Anyway, I look forward to reviewing them as I get to use them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment