Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Recovery Drinks...

So, I read all kinds of stuff on sports, been to a few expos and ran a few races... everyone's got an idea about recovery drinks.

As WLS athletes, some of us have issues with dumping or other special needs, so I'm wondering what people are doing for recovery drinks.

I've been using G2 mostly, and old fashioned water.

I tasted some coconut water by Zico on Sunday, in Lime flavor, and not being a big fan of coconut, I was not thrilled with the taste.  Needed more Lime for sure!  John thought it was "ok", and he also later tried the PomBerry flavored Zico, and it got an "ok, if you like coconut" review from him.

I also got a couple of ounces of chocolate milk after the race, good for the sweet tooth.

The Boston Marathon expo had POM juice telling me it was the best thing.

I also saw Cherry juice being acclaimed as a great recovery beverage.

I don't see any reason to change what I'm doing with water and G2, but of course, would love to know if you've got some good miracle story of super fast recovery with something.

So, whatcha drinking??

2 comments:

  1. Funny-- we were talking about this in running club. Big ole' fan of chocolate milk, myself. But Coach T. suggested incorporating some type of electrolyte-drink when running to avoid anything "bad" happening in the summer heat. Gatorade has always been hard on my stomach, so I asked what she suggested and there was a big consensus for NU (sp?) tabs? Or something, but I like the cherry juice idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the electrolyte thing is a big deal for me. The G2 seems ok on my stomach. John uses Cytomax(?) powder, and has some kind of tabs too.

    ReplyDelete