Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm proud of someone I've never met.

The internet, for all its security risks and instant gratification does have its benefits. I have met some AMAZING people thanks to the WWW. One person, who I've never met, never even had a conversation with, has got me all goosebumpy today. He's a fellow WLS patient and bariathlete. He attempted his first legit IRONMAN triathalon yesterday. He trained his heart out, sacrificed time with friends, family and his new fiance to give it a shot. He made it through the swim on pace, but apparently got wiped out on the bike with a lot of hills. He did not finish the event, and he is wise enough to know that he has done A LOT, and is proud of his attempt, "I'm totally stoked about what I accomplished and have done"

My hat is off to him for going for broke, giving it his all, and knowing when to stop. His story today reminds me that it's not important to DO great things, it's important to TRY to do great things. Success is in the belief in yourself!!

What great thing do you want to do? DREAM BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment