Tuesday, June 29, 2010

a quote from another life.

I used to sell Mary Kay. I was pretty good at it too. I even bothered to do my makeup back then.... something I can hardly believe now since I'm so low-maintenance in that way.

Anyway, Mary Kay Ash, the founder of Mary Kay was a wise woman. I've seen a lot of videos of her, read her biography, she really was an empowered, wise, big-dreaming lady. For an industry some might see as frivolous, she made her own empire on sheer will and drive and gave other women an opportunity to take charge of their lives.

No, this is not a commercial for make up and skin care. One her better known quotes keeps coming back to me here in my new life. It makes us much sense now as it did then, and I thought I'd share it with whoever finds this corner of the internet.

If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash

The second part is probably the most important part. You've got to believe. I'm just gonna keep saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment