Saturday, July 3, 2010

She's in here somewhere, right?

I have a race tomorrow.  It's not a long distance for me... it's a 10K, which is what I was easily running on a weekday a few months back.  This should be easy... but I'm PETRIFIED of the weather.  Obviously, it's out of my control.  Obviously, if i need a break, WALK.  I just hate not doing what I set out to do, which is run this sucker.

Today I'm soul searching, and looking for my inner Kenyan.  Somewhere inside, there is a strong gifted woman who can just run.  It's just natural.  She doesn't feel pain, she's not grossed out by the sweat, she just runs swifty, efficiently, and finishes the race.

I hope she doesn't take holidays off, cuz it's Independence Day tomorrow, and I'm going to need her.  She can then have the rest of the summer off!

No comments:

Post a Comment