Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cheers!

My experience participating in the Breast Cancer 3-day taught me that I really get energy from people cheering me on. I don't have to know them, just strangers on the street saying "good job" really lifts me up, which, on Day 3 of a 60 mile walk, you need all the lifting and boosting you can get!

After my 10K last week, I had the pleasure of waiting at the finish for my sister and my friend.  Pleasure?  Yes.  I clapped and congratulated a lot of people in that time.  Older people, younger people, active military, experienced runners - whoever!  Anyone that would listen to me say "great job" or "congrats", I said it to (and plenty that were so dazed from their run/finish that didn't hear me).  I saw so many smiles, received more than a few "congrats" in return when they saw that I was not a volunteer, but another finisher.

If you know of an event in your area - whether its a walk, a run, a cycling event - get out and thank people, or encourage them.  Make a sign!  Hand out candy, or spray people with a water gun.  You just showing up outside to recognize the effort people are putting out is SO APPRECIATED.

No comments:

Post a Comment